That was a quote from miss Blondie, (if you don't remember her, read previous entries aight?) late this afternoon. I'm not gonna lie, I love working with this girl. This is the third day in a row of working with her that we cracked up all day. I think she realized that I can be just a little bit sarcastic and it turns out that she is fabulously sarcastic as well. We spend most of today prepping for the hurricane (more on that later) and had to bring all the research stuff upstairs and put platic bags allllllll over everything but it wasn't too bad. So we're carrying this extremely heavy crap up the stairs and this adorable guy from Environmental Services who I think has a thing for her was at the top of the stairs and she just oh so sweetly said, 'Do you think you could get the door for us?' and he practically ran over to open the door. When we got inside I said, 'Oh you're just so sweet' and she was like 'Uh huh. It's a total lie.' She was so quiet at first and she's so damn petite and pretty that I was worried about getting along with her, but I was completely wrong. And Cornell drove me flippin nuts yesterday. I still think she's pretty cool but I think we're too much alike to really work super fantastically well together. I love hanging out with her, but at work- sheesh. She kind of always thinks that her way is the right way and the most efficient way and doesn't want to hear otherwise. So, anyways those are the girls I work with, but I'm sure you want to hear about the roommates. If you don't, just skip the following paragraph.
So Allie got here first. She's the one from New Jersey. She is super tall and has 4 siblings I think? She's pretty much a sweetheart, doesn't drink, loves dolphins and is a little bit neurotic about cleaning things. She was a little freaked out initially about the sheets on the bed and the ants all around. She wanted to run everything through the dishwasher and scrub out the cabinets and I don't know if she did that on her day off but I was like, 'I mean, if you want to do that go for it.' However, honestly these ants are going anywhere. So I figure we can just keep everything clean as possible to try and keep ants away. But Allie doesn't snore and I think we're gonna get along really well which is good, cause she's my actual roommate while Sandy's in the other room. Plus Allie has a very similar movie/ tv taste as myself, which as we all know, is key. (PS roommate SO weird not having you to share the room with. and no anna next door? sad.) Sandy is fabulous. She's from Switzerland and lived on a horse farm and went to college in NC. She'll be 24 next week and Allie turns 22 next week. Sandy does like family guy (which you my dear tallison would appreciate) but she's hilarious and really nice and I think she'll be my drinking buddy down here. She opened the cabinet where I put my shot glasses and was like, 'ooooo shot glasses excellent!' And she still has a pretty strong accent and I love being around people with accents. Who doesn't, honestly? So we all get along pretty well, even if we do watch more animal planet and educational shows than I would normally.
About this hurricane business. We're trying to decide what to do- Allie has family in ft. pierce which is on the east coast of florida and is about 4 hours away. So if freakin Ike keeps going on its predicted path (headed STRAIGHT for us, supposed to hit us as a cat 4 right now) we might go there. But we're worried that if it turns north and we've already left for ft. pierce, then we're really screwed. So maybe we'll get a hotel room northwest of miami. However it could be ways expensive to do that if we have to stay out of the keys for a while, so....yeah. i might just go up to travis' place in lakeland which is kind of far away, but at least my car would be safe. oh and me too. duh. and I think he'd be fine with me draggin along my roommates. or Sandy has friends in Miami but I think Miami is still gonna get some serious effects too. h'ok update- so now there is a mandatory visitor and resident evacuation for the keys this weekend. allllllllllllright. I think we're gonna head out sometime tomorrow.
annnnnnnnnnnnd finally (man if you've kept up this long then I'm ways impressed) I went to pickup on wednesday. and I did play- bad xtine! I really shouldn't play or run for at least another week. maybe two. maybe four. stupid feet. I want them to be completely healed before I start playing again. which is just great for my physique, lemme tell ya. You're all gonna be so surprised when i come back ways blond, ways tan and ways chubbed up. but frisbee. right. so i got there and was the only person there but then some older guys showed up and people trickled in until there were like 11 people there so we played 12s. Sadly enough, that was unusual for them. They apparently only get like 8 people usually. And even injured, I was one of the best players there which was kinda weird. They were all very nice; there were only 2 other girls. and i'm sorry ladies, but there were not any seriously hot frisbee boys. no social workers at all. there was one decently good looking and good player but even he wasn't anything to write home about. but it's kinda good cause otherwise i'd be sad that i couldn't go since pickup and the work that i'll be starting are on the same nights. hopefully i'll be back here by next thursday cause i have to go in and fill out paperwork for my job.
well until you read this next, remember grundle's number one rule.
SAFETY FIRST!
speaking of rules- don't forget apt 821 rules.
1. safety first!
2. you don't talk about what's in the jello.
3. you don't lock the balcony door.
4. you don't lock the bathroom door.
5. and what's the last stinkin rule?! i always forget...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just remember our rules:
Grundle's number one rule (as mentioned): Safety first!
1.a. no glove no love!
1.b. don't wake xtine.
Your roommates sound cool, I do love people with accents (and family guy), and I hope you guys figure out a place to hunker down to hide from ike. The bastard.
Love you!
OH I'm so glad that you at least remember don't lock the balcony door and don't lock the bathroom door. Dont' wake xtine was probably one of the most important parts of safety first. i wish i was there to be your roommate. i'm gonna try not to get too jealous of these new girls though. No promises.
Post a Comment