shoot. So I went to the grocery store and thought I picked up some generic sprite, instead i picked up generic diet sprite. and let me tell you, generic publix diet sprite tastes a lot like what i think chemical ass would taste like. and damned if i found this out after i mixed the drink. and we can't just be letting perfectly good rum go to waste now can we. sumamabitch. So I'm very glad that I'm working at the resort right now. It makes me realized how much I never ever ever ever want to work in the customer service industry long term. EVER. the typical person is simply too rude and obnoxious, and frankly idiotic to deal with on a daily basis. I'm not well eqiupped to deal with them. Plus on thursday we had the most passive agressive british bitch of a couple come in who eventually ended up leaving that night. the woman was the most passive aggressive person i'd ever met. and seriously, THAT'S saying something. However, if my passport doesn't get down here this week, then I won't have to worry about being nice to the public. Because my job will have to terminate me due to their paycheck people's policy. excellent right? i swear, the mail here is slower than molasses. I was trying to think of something mildly dirty to put there, but nothing came to mind. sad. you'll have to use your imagination and let me know what you come up with. Although one of the girls i work with at the resort (who is 26 and engaged to a 47 year old who has two teenage sons!!!) has invited me out to drinks with her, her fiancee, both of whom are very nice, and their close friend and neighbor Dan who also happens to be one of the trainers at drc. so i'll probably do that in a few weekends. i get to work allllll next weekend. i'll work friday, sat, sun and monday. i'm pumped.
holy crap. i did not mean for this to turn into a rant session. i think that diet soda affected me more than i thought. ok, i'll try to get off the bitchin train (ahaha that could be good or bad) right now. So the drc was pretty good this week. lots and lots of research sessions, AND blondie was better after missing 2 days of work which made me ways happy. once again we spent the entire day cracking up. this girl is a freaking laugh riot. i don't even know. she kept singing la cucaracha and i was like, 'blondie wtf?! no more!' and she was like, 'look, even the seagulls sing it! can't you hear it? lalalallalala.' ok maybe you had to be there. i think the ES guys think we're crazy because every time they see us, we're laughing our asses off. AND speaking of ES guys. on monday they were cleaning out the seaweed of one of the lagoons, which meant they were half naked. glistening due to being in the water. and since they work outside all day lifting heavy things, they are ripped and tan. mmmmmmmm. oh and I had a full on conversation with my favorite es man the other day. granted it was about the birds around here cause he had seen one and we were trying to figure out what it was and my roommates and i looked it up and i told him about it the next day and we discussed birds around the area but you know. around here i'll take any male interaction i can get. no joke. i also had opened the door for him a few days later cause i was goin into the building and he was coming out and he was like, 'so chivalry's not dead'. i'm pretty sure he's got a significant other. yea. so this fella who i will call wetsuit cause he always wears a wetsuit that's half off, like he keeps the pants on, but unzips the top and just lets it hang down so his toned back and v lines (i mean what?!) are visible. however he has longer hair and a goatee thing and he's like.... approximately late 30s or older. i seem to have a thing for older men since i graduated. why would that be? i'm sure it has something to do with the fact that i'm not in college anymore and channeling some sort of something into my men taste. along those same lines i realized today that i find kid rock attractive. which makes NO sense. cause he's a scuzzy older man. who's not even physically attractive really. but something about him. and i'm also sorry to admit that i love his new song, all summer long. we listen to country at work all day long and that song just grew on me. when i first heard it i was like, 'what the hell? uh UH.' but now i love it.
yesterday the roommates, myself and cornell went to outback for dinner cause i had coupons and we pretty much drooled over any relatively cute male speciman who walked past. Sorry to sound so boy crazy, but you have to understand that it is extremely slim pickins around here. we went to the local bar (pretty much the only bar down here) afterwards and it was like if you took fatty js, or j brian's and took all the students away and left the local frednecks and older locals. some drc staff was there, but they were all in their group and didn't seem too interested in sayin more than hi. however, there were some relatively attractive men there, and some hiiiiiiiiiiilarious older locals dancing around. we're talking overalls, permed hair, straight down hair and the cropped tied up shirt, plaid shirted men and the whole nine yards. they were rocking out. it was pretty awesome to watch. I almost fell off my chair laughing when this little old man was dancing around and allie, who was sitting next to me, suddenly noticed him and was like, 'Woah! where did shorty come from?'. So it was fun, but not a hootin hollarin good time. we had just one drink each and then headed out. today i was a total geek and went to this event held at curry hammock state park. it was a bird watching festival. i listened to a group of people talk about how to id raptors. and yes. it was really cool. i'm a nerd. plus i stayed afterwards to talk to a few of the people who were around my age and they were really nice. it rained all day today and all day yesterday. my life is so hard. i can't believe it's rained two days out of the oh, i don't know 38 that i've been here. GOSH. (sarcasm there folks. if you didn't pick it up, get out).
aight, question time now kids. i already talked to roommate about this, but i'd like to ask you all as well. did you ever know someone who you feel like you should like, because he/she is really nice, funny, cute, etc, etc, but you Just didn't like him/her? that's my current problem with cornell. I don't know what it is. she's smart, funny, nice, and all that but something about her just rubs me the wrong way. i'm trying to figure it out. i think she might be a subtle 'why i'm better' talker. cause she tends to a) talk about herself a lot and b) tell lots of stories about herself all the time. some of which don't relate to the conversation. she's also way more boy crazy than i thought. imagine those mdub girls who just couldn't stop talking about why trying to find a boy at mdub was soooooooooooo hard. not quite that bad but still. i'm trying to just get along with her and force myself to be super nice and attempt to be good. although it's hard when blondie walks out cause we'll start cracking up immediately for no reason and cornell's like, what? so yeah. i'll keep you updated on that front.
i went to a small get together at jamie (one of the trainers) house tonight which was super chill. Sandy and i went and we just sat around with about four of the trainers and another intern and just talked and ate. they have some amazing stories about famous people coming to the drc and films using the drc and they also seem to love disneyworld stuff, which was cute. plus jamie has three dogs, and you know i love puppies. and our dolphins are cute as ever. i'm still ways in love with kibby. and i can't remember if i told you about kilo- he's our adorable sea lion who is the cutest thing ever. he's started looking out of the water when i call his name, which is pretty cool. aight kids, i'm out. so, if you take anything from this post it should be: 1. appreciate the boys around, even if they're just eye candy. (or another type of Candy. aha. ha. ha. ha.) 2. diet anything is a no no. 3. older men are hott. two ts. and i don't know why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had a similar wtf moment when I realized that I found Rob Zombie hotter than words. As time goes on though, I've come to accept that he may in fact be that hot, but hides it under all that hair. Hmmm, he was able to attract Sheri Moon, who I would jump, no questions asked, if I ever was presented with the opportunity.
As for this friend of yours who's not such a friend... I actually met ALLOT of people like that in college. Greg was one of them, Patrick Tenney was another (Eddie also if I'm being honest)
...damn, I kind of hope none of them read this. Eh, what the hell, they've all graduated.
They were just people that I should have gotten along with but who rubbed me the wrong way for whatever reason.
Ok, kid rock? Really? And Chrispy..Rob Zombie? Alright, I've now noticed that most of our immediate group of friends seem to be really interested in older men these days. I don't know. Maybe we've just realized that now that we've graduated our dating pool is much much bigger. Well far be it from me to judge. I want to be one of Hefs girlfriends. THough I might just be doing it for the lavish parties, and chances to be covered in body paint, or the fact that I would get to walk around naked all the time with no questions asked.
And once again, as for the normal people that could be friends but who aren't. This chick kinda sounds like a bitch. If she for one second thinks that she is better than you, I will kick her white trash ass into the ocean and wait for some kind of killer whale to eat her. Since (according to my extensive knowledge of biology).. killer whales eat stupid girls. And chrispy had a good point to some extent. There were plently of really nice people at school that just weren't for me. Chances are..if you're getting a weird vibe...it ain' gonna change at any point. You can try to be nice to her all you want, and I know that you will since you are good person like that, but maybe there is a reason why you don't like her. LIke she's a stupid bitch. THink about it.
(oh and chrispy...I love you for being honest. And none of those three people were a surprise. You and Eddy never really did run on the same wave length. You better not have hated me though...I'll cut you so bad.)
Christine, your blog totally cracks me up. Seriously. Everyone else around probably wonders why I keep laughing out loud. Gosh I miss having you around....
So, I'm totally in love too....he's gorgeous, nicely muscled, beautiful blondish hair, he was being such a sweetie the other day that I just wrapped my arms around his neck and then jumped on top of him...
Well, he's a 10 year old dun Quarter Horse stallion who's owned by the woman who owns the little mare I've been playing with. The two other geldings in the pen beat up on him, so I had him out and was letting him graze. And he was being totally calm and sweet so I just jumped on him and rode around a bit. And am now in love.
But as for real boys, I'm kind of in the same boat as you. My vet class of 108 is 75-80% women. And the majority of the guys seem to be married or engaged. Oh well.
Post a Comment